GW Cancer Center Releases New Resource on Patient Navigation
The GW Cancer Center is pleased to announce the release of Implementing the Commission on Cancer Standard 3.1: Patient Navigation Process: A Road Map for Comprehensive Cancer Control Professionals and Cancer Program Administrators. This CDC-funded resource was developed in response to technical assistance requests by comprehensive cancer control stakeholders to help build capacity to meet the Commission on Cancer (CoC) standard for developing a patient navigation process.
Comprehensive cancer care professionals can use this road map to:
- Identify CoC cancer programs in your region and disseminate this resource
- Provide technical assistance and training in public health strategy development, research and evaluation
- Connect CoC cancer programs with data sources
Cancer program administrators can use this road map to:
- Conduct a cancer-specific community needs assessment
- Identify barriers to care and determine potential solutions to reduce cancer disparities
- Establish a patient navigation process and identify resources available to assist patients in need
- Modify or enhance the patient navigation process
- Work with comprehensive cancer control partners to address identified gaps in resources
Download the Road Map today by visiting bit.ly/CoCPNRoadMap or CLICK HERE.