National IHS Listening Session on HIV
Tribal HIV Initiative at NIHB
The Indian Health Service (IHS) and the National Indian Health Board (NIHB) invite you to share your thoughts and insights about HIV prevention, care, and treatment as part of a national listening session.
May 7, 2020
2:30 – 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
CLICK HERE FOR PARTICIPANT INFORMATION.
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the event, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493
Access Code: 475 503 750
Event Password: HIV
What to Expect:
The National Indian health Board is hosting a listening session for Indian Health Service (IHS) on HIV in Indian Country. IHS Leadership will be present on the call and would like to hear your thoughts and guidance on what would strengthen the HIV prevention, care, and treatment held in the I/T/U system. The listening session is open to all, but the first speaking opportunities will be afforded to elected Tribal leaders. After which ,all will be allowed to share.
Potential Topics Include:
- Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- COVID-19 and HIV
- Tribal, local, state, and federal prevention programming
- Access to competent care
- Surveillance and data
- Prevention programming
- HIV and substance use
- HIV among vulnerable populations
- and others…
Who Should Attend: Tribal leaders, health officials, community health representatives, prevention and health education staff, epidemiology staff, and any person working in HIV and/or related infectious disease prevention, care and treatment in Indian Country.
Tips to Prepare:
- Think about your questions and comments in advance
- Stories, comments and insights are welcome, but please keep them brief to allow all people time to share
- There will be one speaker allowed at a time
- Consider gathering input from other people within the tribe, program, department, or organization, and having one person share it all at the same time or e-mail it in.
Questions: if you have any questions or would like to submit formal comments for the record before or during the event, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
This listening session is organized by the National Indian Health Board and funded through a cooperative agreement with the Indian Health Service (National Indian Health Outreach and Education II: HIV/AIDS, U252IHS0013-03-03) with resources from the Minority HIV/AIDS Fund.