By: World Health Organization
This toolkit was developed based on WHO Capacity Building Training Package 4 entitled “Strengthening health systems for treating tobacco dependence in primary care.” Its target audience are primary care providers. It aims to serve as a quick reference guide to help primary care providers deliver brief tobacco interventions as part of their routine practice. The content of this toolkit includes:
- Tobacco use; a deadly habit;
- The unique role of the healthcare provider in tobacco control;
- Basics of tobacco use and tobacco dependence;
- The 5As model to help patients ready to quit;
- The 5Rs model to increase motivation to quit;
- The 5As to avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.