Nathan’s Tips Poster in Lakota Language

Nathan, a Native American Lakota and member of the Oglala Sioux Tribe.

For 11 years, he worked at a casino that allowed smoking.  The exposure to secondhand smoke caused permanent lung damage called bronchiectasis.  The lung damage led to his death at 54 years old.

The Great Plains Tribal Leaders Health Board has worked with CDC OSH to translate Nathan’s Tips poster into Lakota language.

The Lakota language poster below translates to English as:  “Let future generations know the dangers of secondhand smoke.”

Anybody may download the posters below.

×

Upcoming Events

Attending any of these upcoming events? Have other events to share? Let us know! Email us at NNN@ITCMI.ORG to share your event information or to get on our list serve for event updates.

 

National Indian Health Board:  National Tribal Health Conference | LEARN MORE AND REGISTER

Indigenous Cancer Prevention Webinar Series:  Salish Cancer Center of The Puyallup Tribe of Indians | LEARN MORE

Breast Cancer Awareness Month | LEARN MORE

Part 3:  Lung Cancer Disparities:  Addressing Gaps and Opportunities to Improve Health Outcomes and Health Equity Among Low-Income Populations | LEARN MORE AND REGISTER

Cancer Prevention in Indigenous Communities:  Screening to Follow Up | LEARN MORE AND REGISTER

Native American Heritage Month | LEARN MORE