Register for SCLC’s Next Live Webinar:
Free CME/CEUs Available for Providers
“Far From Over: The Horrific Legacy of Menthol Cigarette Marketing to Black Communities”
co-hosted by the National Medical Association
Tuesday, August 8, 2023, 1 pm ET (75 minutes)
- Carol McGruder, Co-Founding member and Co-Chairperson of the African American Tobacco Control Leadership Council (AATCLC)
- Joy D. Calloway, MBA, MHSA, Executive Director, National Medical Association
- Tiffany R., Tips from Former Smokers campaign participant
- Describe three ways the Tobacco Industry has and continues to perniciously target the African American community.
- Explain why “Assertive Cessation” is critical to moving our movement forward.
- Explain and appreciate the alignment of the mission of the National Medical Association with the goals and objectives of this and other tobacco cessation/menthol harm awareness initiatives.
- Describe the personal experience and motivators to quit smoking from a person who used to smoke to inspire who smoke to quit.