Please join CDC’s Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity for the following Networking Call:
“Reaching Hispanic and Black or African American Audiences:
What Works/What We’ve Learned”
Thursday, August 12, 2021
2:00-3:30 pm Eastern
*We understand recipients are working on evaluation reports and success stories during August 2021. We will record this call and post on AMP for viewing later.*
*Principal Investigators – please forward this invitation to staff working on communication activities.
Participants must register for this event.
Who should participate?
SPAN, HOP, and REACH Principal Investigators, Program Managers, communication staff, and other interested staff
Let us know if you have any accessibility accommodations (e.g., captioning) by August 9.
What will the networking call cover?
The networking call will cover strategies for reaching African American and Hispanic audiences.
Who are the presenters?
- Shea Van Horn, FHI 360 Contractor, DNPAO Strategic Communication Team
- Manny Rodriguez, FHI 360 Contractor
- Marcie McClellan Dumolga, FHI 360 Contractor
- Valerie Jauregui, Texas A&M University
- Hilda Ramirez, Latino Education Institute, Worcester State University
- Charlene McGee, Multnomah County Health Department
- Jason Thompson, Fahrenheit Creative Group
Hints and reminders for the event