Thursday, August 17, 2023 1 pm ET (60 Minutes)
- Cyrus Ahalt, MPP, Associate Director, Amend at University of California San Francisco
- Joan Gillece, PhD, Director, Center for Innovation in Health Policy and Practice National Association of State Mental Health Project Directors (NASMHPD)
- Beth Jordan, MD, Medical Director and Health Services Administrator, DC Department of Corrections, Washington, DC
- Tyler Mains, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Jail Health Services, San Francisco Department of Public Health
- List two risk factors for tobacco use in the justice involved population.
- Describe two promising and evidence-based practices to address tobacco use disorders (TUD) among individuals in the criminal justice system.
- Identify two systemic barriers and challenges to integrating TUD treatment within the criminal justice system.
- Discuss two recommendations to address TUD treatment integration within the criminal justice system, with a focus on steps to overcome systemic barriers, and implement policies, procedures, and best practices to improve access to TUD treatment.