Nathan’s Tips Poster in Lakota Language

Nathan, a Native American Lakota and member of the Oglala Sioux Tribe.

For 11 years, he worked at a casino that allowed smoking.  The exposure to secondhand smoke caused permanent lung damage called bronchiectasis.  The lung damage led to his death at 54 years old.

The Great Plains Tribal Leaders Health Board has worked with CDC OSH to translate Nathan’s Tips poster into Lakota language.

The Lakota language poster below translates to English as:  “Let future generations know the dangers of secondhand smoke.”

Anybody may download the posters below.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [2.29 MB]

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [298.48 KB]

×

Upcoming Events

Attending any of these upcoming events? Have other events to share? Let us know! Email us at NNN@ITCMI.ORG to share your event information or to get on our list serve for event updates.

 

The National Institutes of Health Announces Undergraduate Student Scholarships to attend the 2024 AAIP 52nd Annual Meeting and National Health Conference | LEARN MORE AND REGISTER

AAIP 52nd Annual Meeting & Health Conference | LEARN MORE

WEBINAR:  Pediatric, Adolescent, and Young Adult Cancer Survivorship ECHO from American Cancer Society | LEARN MORE AND REGISTER

2025 National Conference on Tobacco or Health; presented by National Network of Public Health Institutes; Chicago, Illinois | LEARN MORE AND REGISTER